baseball gods productions

Thoughts about baseball, from the perspective of sports psychology and the role of sports in society. It includes team and player analysis, predictions, and what I think needs to be changed in Major League Baseball. Brought to you from the heart of baseball, Brooklyn, by baseball gods productions.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Inevitable Since June

If you're a Met fan, this World Series matchup has been inevitable since June. The worst possible teams in the worst year in Mets' history, at least the most catastrophic and disappointing.

I thought I would be able to root for the Yankees, since the Phillies are my most despised team right now. What I didn't count on was the sheer weight of almost fifty years of rooting against the Yankees no matter whom they were playing against.

I've hated the Phillies--really deeply despised--for only about 49 months, since they knocked the Mets out of the playoffs on the last day of the 2007 season. I've hated the Yankees my entire life, which is getting longer by the second.

So, I'm left with this: do I root for a long, great series, which is good for baseball? Or do I root for someone, anyone, to win in five games, with no rainouts, so the series will end approximately midnight on Monday, November 2, so that my misery will be over as soon as possible? Tough choice. I'll let you know what I decide.


Caroms Off the Wall

I like Pedro pitching a lot better than Pedro talking. I'm glad he's not on the Mets anymore. If his ego were any bigger, he wouldn't fit under a mango tree.


© Judy Kamilhor 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home