baseball gods productions

Thoughts about baseball, from the perspective of sports psychology and the role of sports in society. It includes team and player analysis, predictions, and what I think needs to be changed in Major League Baseball. Brought to you from the heart of baseball, Brooklyn, by baseball gods productions.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I want to wake up tomorrow with Lowe and Hudson under the tree

Of the remaining moves the Mets should make, I prefer Derek Lowe over Oliver Perez, and Orlando Hudson over Manny Ramirez. However, I would certainly rather have Oliver Perez and Manny Ramirez than nothing.

I'd also like to see the Mets sign Tim Redding and maybe take a chance on one or two of the rehabbing pitchers like Mark Mulder or Takaishi Saito, with a minor league contract with lots of playing time bonuses. After all, you can never have enough starters or closers.

There is still a need for one or two lefty relievers, perhaps Will Ohman or Joe Beimel.

I am hoping that Pedro Martinez realizes that it's time to retire. It was painful to watch him last year, and he is hurting his legacy by hanging on too long. He's one of the best pitchers of all-time, and should start the Hall of Fame clock right now.


Happy Holidays to all my loyal readers!

© Judy Kamilhor 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home